« Home | Sweet Embrace » | Remembrance » | Slewed Roads » | Living on a Smile » | Irony of a Marionette » | Demise of a Chaffy » | Scynap Burst » | Life of Disguise » | When Nature Calls » 

Friday, July 30, 2004 

An age old moot

Yes Again !!! Yet another altercation. The topic wasn't new, so were not the consequences. Everything seemed to be plotted. Well, it was a deja vu. Here we go.

Evening, romantic weather. Me and her in an open air restaurant, cool breeze taking away the exhaustion of the hectic day. We are sitting in a two seater table, a flower vase with a rose placed in between.


Me : Well dear, we've been in this profession for more than a year now. We earn the same amount of money. How come you saved 60 % of the money you earned, and I couldn't save even a penny.

Her: You guys spend excessively, you'll never learn to manage money.

Me : Hey wait! Its not about money management, its just that the money ain't sufficient, I just spend for the basic needs.

Her: You spend so much money on your show offs.

Me : Show Offs !? No way! It’s always for necessity. I don't spend the money only on myself.

Her (Raised Eyebrows) : Then, whom do you spend on, other than yourself ?

Me (Realising, things are going hotter, and with a diplomatic tone) : No dear, I didn't mean that. I said I just don’t keep spending on myself. Ok tell me when you felt I was over spending.

Her : What about those extra fittings you got for your Bike ? Were they needed?

Me (With a smile, kinda gotcha feeling) : Well dear, I'm not reach enough to buy an imported bike, everybody rides these home made bikes. I wanted to make my bike look different.

Her (Still not calm enough): Still you could have lived withtout them. What about those nike shoes you bought for 3 grands ?

Me : Hey I got a Hugo perfume for you for the same price.

Her: Who asked for it ? I never ask you for presents?

Me : But, you were so happy to see it. I wanted to make you happy. (Some, "oh yeah!!? I didn’t feel that when you saw that thing" kinda attitude).

Her: I was happy because it was a token of love. Even a flower as a token of love would make me happy. Girls don't need money to get impressed. Girls want loving, caring and understanding guys. They need someone who can bring their mood up when they feeling doomed. They don’t need gifts to bring their mood up.

Me (I philosophy too) : Hey do you know what guys want? Do you know why they spend the money ? Once a guy falls in love with a girl, there is no looking back he can do anything for the girl and trust me when a guy in love says he can do anything. He can actually do anything to make the girl happy. Guys never value money so much, what matters to them is the happiness of the girl, so they never hesitate to spend the money.

Her: But you can spend in a controlled manner.

Me : Yes we control. If you call compromising with the food quality just for the sake of money, sorry I cannot do that.

Her: When did you see me doing that ?

Me : Remember that day you were eating “pav bhaji” at the road side ? You could have well gone to some famous Chat centers. All you deeded to do is spend some extra money.

Her: Ok Fine ! You would never listen to me. You are right, I'm wrong. Do whatever you want.

Now I realised I screwed it all up ... After a long pause...

Me : Sorry Dear, I didn't mean to hurt you.

Her: You always say that. I'm leaving.

The romantic weather, no longer was romantic enough.

Me : Hey wait! I'll drop you at home.

Her: No need. I'll go by city bus.

Me : Hey, don’t be a kid now. The buses will be crowded. Its late too. C'mon I'll drop you.

She silently took the back seat. On the way to home, I kept planning what to say to pacify her. Her home arrived, she got down and left. No bye, she didn’t even look back. Thinking I would disturb the house owners in the ground floor, with a feeble voice I said, "hey c'mon, don’t feel bad, I can explain.".

I could see she was inside the room now, she was coming towards the window. Thank you god! She is atleast prepared to listen, this was my chance. I was only beginning to say something, "Hey......". Thud!! Windows shut.

My last and the final option the mobile. I gave her ring. A number of "Call Cancelled" messages. I tried sending some "sorry" picture messages with. Tried ringing again, and Eventually, "The mobile number you are trying is currently switched off".

I kept on waiting beneath the window, hoping she'll open it .... For hours...


Yeah laugh!!! Giggle hysterically to my irony. Come with your entire jape. Let the world know I’m a loser. Indeed! woman is the most complex creation of God.

About me

  • I'm Biswajit Sharma
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Disclaimer: "The writings on the blog are purely author's own views, they need not necessarily be influenced by anyone else in the planet. If any content in the blog hurts feelings of a certain community of people it would be purely un intentional, also in such a case your effort to bring it to the notice of the Author will be highly appretiated..