« Home | A Public Note » | The Little Patriotic Girl » | Never Step out of your Domain » | Time to Wake Up the Deads! » | Blind Folded » | Angel » | An age old moot » | Sweet Embrace » | Remembrance » | Slewed Roads » 

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 

Science of Dentistry

Surgeon 1: WHAT! These are your Milk teeth … Where are your Permanent teeth
Me: errr ….. How would I know [with a big grin]
Surgeon 1: Its NOT Funny!
Me: :-(
Surgeon 1: I will extract both of them
Me: Ok [As if he just asked me my world]

Surgeon 1 …. Takes out a lot of tools most of them are straight from Frankenstein … Opens my mouth with as many tools as the number of teeth I have!

And Finally, AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Surgeon 1: See you next Sunday, we will need three surgeons to fix ur dentures
Me: Umm Ummh [Stuffed with Cotton], but my eyes were wide enough to express my feelings

Sunday ….
Surgeon 2: I am an Orthodontist ….
Me: Thanks for informing me …. I am a S/W Engineer
Surgeon 2: That’s immaterial to me. I will have to Correct the alignment of your Teeth
Me: Ok. Why would I need that? I have got all of them inside the mouth. Nothing attached to the face [another big grin]
Surgeon 2 … Did not respond … this guy was serious as a stone
Surgeon 2: You need to get a 3-D x-ray, I will see you next Sunday
Me: [And I thought x-rays are 2-D]

Very soon went to the x-ray room, I was put inside a machine, I felt like I am analysing the anatomy of a Robot. Soon something rotated around my head
X-ray guy: Done Sir…

Sunday again…

Reached his clinic at 10.

Soon, "Come In", I gave the "3-D" x-ray to him

Surgeon 2: Looking at the x-ray we have 50-50 chances of fixing ur teeth
Me: Keeps Quite …. [Great! Now you are telling me this]
Surgeon 2: Lie Down!
Me soon followed the instructions …
Surgeon 2: Sheela [assistant], we need a mouth impression
Me: Quite again … [Don’t tell me you are making a Duplicate mouth for me]

Assistant soon comes with a pink paste, which she forces into my mouth with the help of metal spoons!!!! I was now mouth full of I don’t know what and something that tasted like stale food !

Thank God ! She removed it before I actually puked!

Surgeon 2: Lie down
Puts a plastic frame in my mouth which opened my mouth wide enough for two jet planes to pass by simultaneously. He kept doing something in my mouth for sometime, which I was least interested in, all I was waiting for was that frame to be removed!!

After half an hour …
Surgeon 2: I have fixed some attachment in your mouth
Me: (Still with the frame in) … ummmmm ummmm
He removes the frame and says …

Surgeon 2: You can now have a look at the mirror
Me soon screamed: BRACES !!!!!!!
Surgeon 2: Yeah that’s the only tool we Orthodontists have!!!
Me: Yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaak!!!!

Finally had no choice, returned back home ….. Great now I look like Frankenstein myself !!!!

Surgeon 3 …. Yet to see him … will see him in the next appointment ... will update you with it

About me

  • I'm Biswajit Sharma
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Disclaimer: "The writings on the blog are purely author's own views, they need not necessarily be influenced by anyone else in the planet. If any content in the blog hurts feelings of a certain community of people it would be purely un intentional, also in such a case your effort to bring it to the notice of the Author will be highly appretiated..