« Home | 666 » | Licence to Kill » | Change » | Ek baar Phir Se .... Rang De Basanti » | An Eventful Weekend » | Science of Dentistry » | A Public Note » | The Little Patriotic Girl » | Never Step out of your Domain » | Time to Wake Up the Deads! » 

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 

The Old Man

Usually it takes me 45 minutes to drive office, but today it was taking longer. I didn't get lucky in any of the traffic signals. There were occasions, when I had to wait for two cycles of trafficking before I could leave the signal. Apprehensive about not being able to make it to the first meeting, I was honking my way out. I was twisting and turning through the vehicles, and definitely showed some skills of a typical cabbie at Bangalore.

I was quite close to the office now, and hopes started coming back that I wont be late for the meeting, but then, I had to wait again for some of the pedestrians to cross. My right foot was on the acceleratior, so that I could push as soon as the last person goes out of sight, but it was taking longer. I used the only weapon I had, I honked. Then I saw, it was a old man who was walking. Slow and shaky steps. I was surprised he didn't have a walking stick to support him. There was no one to take him to the other end of the roads, and to add to his malady, I honked. He didn't even look at me, may be he didn't have the energy enough to turn his head.

This incident forced me to think, do we forget few basic things in life in our busy schedule? Do we give enough respect to people who probably were as fast and ambitious as we are now, the elder generation? Do we care about someone's pain? Do we ever look back and see if there is a friend left behind? Are we really taking care of our familes the right way?

I am not sure....

About me

  • I'm Biswajit Sharma
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Disclaimer: "The writings on the blog are purely author's own views, they need not necessarily be influenced by anyone else in the planet. If any content in the blog hurts feelings of a certain community of people it would be purely un intentional, also in such a case your effort to bring it to the notice of the Author will be highly appretiated..